Friday 17 May 2013

Baking! xx

Hey there beautiful bloggers! Today I'm going to be talking about something I absolutely love: BAKING! Growing up my twin sister Della and I we're always doing creative things with our mum; one of these things being baking. We obviously started off with simple things like fairy cakes and biscuits and we grew from there. If it wasn't for my mum doing these things with me I probably wouldn't have had as much of an interest now.

When you bake you really appreciate the taste of something you made yourself that has fresh ingredients and lovely flavours. You also get the satisfaction that you have made it yourself  and not just got it from a shop. It's also really fun to actually make something from scratch and decorating it! The best part though has to be licking the bowl and eating left over icing!

Baking is just a handy skill to have and the earlier you learn, the better you'll become. To all those people out there who don't really bake or don't really have a interest in it, give it a go, you never know you might surprise yourself!

Here are some picture of things Della and I have baked recently (I would show all the things we've baked over the years but there's too many pictures, I mean I could start off with pictures from when we we're toddlers haha):

Halloween 2011

Christmas 2011: Della and I made our friends our 'signature' brownies for Christmas and wrapped them up all cute!

Christmas 2011: We made cute little Christmas biscuits

Christmas 2011: Our fancy Christmas cake!

Jan 2012: Made cookie and cream cupcakes

Feb 2012: Made caramel short breads

March 2012 (Mothers day): We made a yummy carrot cake ( I LOVE CARROT CAKE)

Easter 2012: Made cute cupcakes

Easter 2012: Also made birds nests and mini egg cookies

Christmas 2012: Gave our friends a cute box each with a brownie, a few Christmas biscuits and a gingerbread cupcake

Jan 2013: Made honeycomb cream cupcakes

March 2013: Made a cookie, brownie and oreo cake which we served hot with ice cream. We tried some cold the next day and it tasted even better!
March 2013: We made one of our friends a cake for her birthday!
 
Hope you enjoyed my blog and I hope it encouraged some of you to start baking or even be inspired to try making new things!  Remember the summer holidays are coming up soon so you will have plenty of time to bake!
  Thanks for reading!
Much love
Maria
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment